Blue Cave – The most popular way to visit the cave & 5 Islands
Traveling to Croatia sometime soon? Then you are at right place!
Here are all information you might need about this mystical tour.
- ORGANISED TOUR FOR BLUE CAVE & 5 ISLANDS: Going on an organized Blue Cave excursion from Split is the most popular way to visit the Blue Cave.
- Speedboat is the best and most comfortable way to avoid traffic jams in the ferry port and delays. However, it doesn’t make much sense to go all the way out here just to see the Blue Cave. You will also have the opportunity to enjoy magnificent 5 Islands such as Hvar, Budikovac, Paklinski, Vis, and Bisevo.
- A tour guide will buy you the ticket on the island which is usually included in the tour price. Sometimes the entrance ticket is not in the price. Usually it costs about 18 € during July and August and around 12€ in a preseason.
- The meeting point is at Riva and usually departs in high season are around 7 am.
- Soon after that you will start your adventure of discovering new places of the Middle Dalmatian islands.
- FIRST DESTIONATION: The Blue Cave is located on the island of Bisevo and is a one and a half-hour journey from Split by a speedboat. The cave has about 150,000 visitors a year. It is obviously one of the must-see destinations when you are visiting Croatia. A hypnotizing blue light illuminates the space inside the cave when the sunlight hits the surface of the ocean through a crack on its arched roof and reflects off the seabed. Finally, you cannot spend long in the cave.
- During the high season maybe you will be waiting in front of the cave for two, three hours and many agree that the visit is most beautiful between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on a sunny day. The cave is 24 m long and about 10 to 12 m deep. It is around 15 m high with a narrow entrance 1.5 m high and 2.5 m wide.
- The Blue Cave was declared a protected geomorphological monument of nature in 1951 and you should not swim inside. While waiting in front, you will need to disembark to the little official boats which are adapted for entering the Cave. A maximum of 3 boats can enter the cave at a time. The remaining boats wait outside the cave for the ones inside to come out.
- The official boat that enters in the cave holds 12 people at a time, and speedboats from Split usually have 11 or 12 places. This full day tour has a similar itinerary in all companies: Early morning visit to Blue Cave, a visit to Komiža on Vis, a swim at Stiniva Bay, swim at Blue Lagoon, a stop at Hvar.
- SECOND DESTINATION: Stiniva Bay – Vis Island
- The second stop on daily speedboat tour to Blue Cave and 5 Islands is Stiniva Bay. Stiniva beach is hidden at the impressive small Stiniva bay on the southern part of island Vis. It is famous because it’s surrounded by high cliffs from the seaside. As you dive in, you can clearly see the sea bottom even though the depth in the bay ranges from 10 to 15 meters or even deeper.
- THIRD DESTINATION: Blue Lagoon – Budikovac island
- After a swimming break, we are cruising with our speed boats to the third big attraction called the BLUE LAGOON on Budikovac island. The shallow and crystal-clear sea is the perfect spot to jump from the boat and enjoy in swimming and snorkelling in this little paradise.
- FOURTH DESTINATION: Pakleni Islands
- After discovering the cave and bays we are riding to the fourth destination. The Pakleni or sometimes referred as Paklinski islands are located off the southwest coast of the island of Hvar, Croatia, opposite the entrance to the Hvar harbour. Literal translation of Pakleni islands is Hell Islands but you will see it is far from the truth. Actually, it has nothing to do with the devil or hell.
- Islands got their name from the plant called Paklina. We will spend the most amazing day exploring the Paklinski otoci by boat in the most beautiful bays, swimming and sunbathing.
- FIFTH DESTINATION: Hvar Town – Hvar Island
- Next and last stop of our tour is the famous HVAR Island! We directly stop in Hvar town which is located in a small bay on the south coast of the island of Hvar.
- After enjoying Hvar, it is time to return back to Split. Conclude your tour with some relaxed free time in this coastal town before returning to Split. You will spend time on sightseeing and the best place is Fortica fortress. Also don’t miss the chance to try great food at one of great traditional restaurants.
- USEFUL INFORMATION:
- Don’t forget to carry sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen, and a scarf as the sun is harsh.
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women or people with back/neck problems.
- All sea experiences are subject to the weather and sea conditions.
#bay#Blue Cave#Blue Lagoon#Budikovac#budikovac bay#Croatia#day tour#Hvar#hvar town#speed boat#split#stiniva#Vis